APTITC was established in August last year by a small group of companies to provide a platform for translators, interpreters and companies in Kazakhstan.
The new association's stated objectives are defined as:
- Enhancing status of translators/interpreters in society
- Drafting and implementing occupational standards for interpreting and text translating
- Drafting and implementing professionalcode of ethics for translator/interpreter
- Building international cooperation on the APTITC platform
- Improving the quality of translation/interpretation services through professional development courses, introducing specialized disciplines at the universities (sworn translation,diplomatic translation, medical translation, etc.) and skills upgrading for conference–interpreters and text translators through exchange of experience with the international experts at various congresses, seminars and journals
Commenting, Miklos Ban, Vice-President of the EUATC and its board member with overall responsibility for developing global partnerships, said: "The new Kazakhstan association are entirely in line with our own and I am confident that we will both benefit from this collaboration partnership."
Gulshan Aliyeva, chair of APTITC and co-founder of the GALA Global Group said: "We are thrilled to have been able to strike this agreement with the EUATC and look forward to our collaboration with such as well established European language industry organisation."